Mold in Your Home or Business
Why is mold growing in my home or business and way you should be concerned about it.
What is mold?
Molds are many tiny spores; the spores are invisible to the naked eye and float through outdoor and indoor arr.
Mold begins to grow indoors when mold spores land on surfaces that are wet.
They are many types of molds, and none of them will grow without water or moisture.
Molds are part of the natural environment and play a great part in nature by breaking down dead organic matter,
However indoors, mold growth should be avoided.
Mold usually is not a problem indoors, unless mold spores land on a wet or damp spot and begins growing after the condition has developed from a leaky room, a basement that has a high level of moisture, an improper cleaning and drying after a flood.
Mold Inhaling or touching has the potential to allergens, irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances and cause health problems in people and pets Allergic responses include hay fever-typesymptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash and can also cause asthma attacks, it can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people.
Allergic reactions to mold are common.
They can be immediate or delayed.
The key to mold control is moisture control.
If mold is a problem in your home, you should clean up the mold promptly and fix the water problem.
It is important to dry water-damaged areas and items within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth.